- Pay: Based on Experience
- Experience: 3 Years
- Qualification: High school diploma or equivalent
Immediate need for a part-time bookkeeper for a Bradford area non-profit. The Bookkeeper will be responsible for cash management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, sales tax, monthly reporting, and other ad hoc reporting as needed. They will also assist in the preparation of monthly board reports, help create annual and other budgets, and assist in the annual audit. This person reports to the Executive Director.
The bookkeeper will also handle routine correspondence related to donations, support income, and support fundraising activities.
- Previous experience in bookkeeping/accounting in an employment setting required, experience in a nonprofit setting preferred Knowledge of computer software programs including Microsoft Office & QuickBooks.
- Experience in budget development and management.
- Must be proficient in QuickBooks, Excel, Word, and other Microsoft 365 applications.
- Ability to download transaction data from financial institutions and credit card transactions helpful.
- Requires flexibility in scheduling work hours to accommodate all paydays and deadlines in the event of unexpected closures, such as inclement weather.
- Demonstrates oral & written communication skills as well as customer care.
- Act 34 Child Abuse Clearance; Criminal Background Check Clearance; FBI Background Check Clearance (at time of full employment)
- Assists the Executive Director with the maintenance of effective internal controls to assure safeguarding of assets & reliability of financial statements.
- Uploads invoices to QuickBooks & makes changes to other information in QuickBooks, as necessary.
- Prepares payable & receivables for accountants, and assures bills are paid on time.
- Oversees agency purchases & assures purchasing procedures are followed. Manages petty cash account.
- Reviews all receipts & disbursements, ensures correct account distribution & ensures all support documentation is accurate & in order.
- Ensures compliance with any & all financial & contract reporting requirements for private or public funding, licensing, or regulatory agencies.
- Assists in resolving accounting & financial problems &/or issues.
- Follows procedures for all operating, accounting, & financial controls.
- Actively communicates with accountant regarding checks, fees, automatic payments & deposits.
- Makes deposits & forwards deposit information to accountant.
- Assists the Executive Director in the preparation of annual budgets & cash flow projections.
- Manages donor database including the addition & upkeep of confidential donor records, gift processing, recordkeeping, & acknowledgements.
- Manages the memorial donation, annual fund, & regular donations programs.
- Helps with the planning, implementation, & staffing of fundraising & special events as needed.
- Maintain a clean & welcoming appearance of the library.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Assist with patrons & front desk operations as needed
- Continuous learning of technology and OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog) operations.
For more information contact Rebecca at (814) 362-4650.