- Experience: 2 Years
- Qualification: High school diploma or equivalent
Seeking temporary Accounts Payable Clerk at Bradford, PA area business to fill gap for 8-10 weeks. This position is Monday through Friday, 7am-3:30pm.
Scope & Responsibilities: (Not limited to)
The Account Payable Clerk processes vendor invoices and employee expense reimbursements in a timely and accurate manner, serves as a vendors’ main point of contact for questions related to payments and invoices. Works with team members and manager towards meeting departmental metrics, goals, and objectives.
• Computes, classifies, records, and verifies accounting data regarding the general ledger, purchase orders, employee expense reports
• Records general ledger account numbers on various accounting documents.
• Processes employee expense reports, credit card statements and vendor invoices.
• Obtains approval on all vouchers; responds to vendor inquiries and completes/submits reports to the gov’t. as required.
• Performs general accounts payable services obtaining invoices, purchase orders and receipts.
• Reviews and processes vendor invoices ensuring accurate GL coding is recorded on source documents.
• Audits, updates, and processes excel reports for customer accounts; initiates collection calls to address past due receivables.
• Establish new vendors in the AS400 to initiate business transactions.
• Prepare sales and use tax returns for various states and creates additional financial spreadsheets as requested.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
Education & Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required with minimum two (2) years work-related experience.
• Associates degree in Business with accounting experience preferred; OCR payable processing experience desirable.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Access with Intermediate level skills in Excel.
• Understands and follows basic instructions with ability to execute a work plan or program from written documentation or verbal instructions.
• Effective communication skills to interpret and translate information to others as needed.
• Successful completion of all company mandated &/or job-related training programs deemed appropriate.
Physical & Cognitive Demands:
• Cognitive demands include the ability to meet deadlines, focus attention, work independently, use independent judgement, work with a team, communicate effectively, read, and comprehend, critical thinking/troubleshooting.
• Physical demands require seeing, speaking, hearing, sitting, walk/climb, stand/reach, listen, writing, driving, keyboarding, push/pull/lift/carry 35 pounds.
• Overtime may be required to support business activities.
For additional information or to apply contact Britt or Rebecca at (814) 362-4650.